Orpheum Theater

Orpheum Theater
By Conrad Schmitt Studios [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
 

203 W Adams St
between N 2nd Ave and N 3rd Ave
Phoenix AZ 85003-1602 USA
(602) 534-5601

 
 

[Orpheum Theater website]

geo: 33.4491856,-112.0766377
[street map / directions]
[interactive street view]
[bird's eye view]

 
from the City of Phoenix:

The Orpheum Theatre was built in 1929 in a style known as Spanish Baroque Revivalat a cost of $750,000, by J.E. Rickards and Harry Nace for movies and vaudeville. The Paramount movie chain purchased the building in 1949, and its name changed to Paramount. It was later sold to James Nederlander in 1968 for live stage productions and the named changed to Palace West.

The city of Phoenix purchased the Orpheum Theatre in 1984. Restoration construction was completed in four phases at a total cost of more than $14 million. Van Dijk, Pace Westlake Architects was the restoration architect. Huntcor was the general contractor on phases 1 and 2; Joe E. Woods, Inc. was the general contractor on phase 3 --the historic interior restoration. Kitchell CEM was the development manager for the city. Conrad Schmitt Studios did decorative interior painting and mural restoration.

The Orpheum was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
 

[show map & street view]


 


tickets

 
free counters